For more in depth learning head to OpenLanguage.com/pricing to access hundreds of more English lessons. Quote the promo code – realdeal – to get a Standard Monthly Subscription for 99¢!
It’s time for thanksgiving in today’s lesson! Get the turkey out and give the thanks to the original owners of the land as we have a look at great American and Canadian tradition.
- Persecution: to exterminate, drive away, or subjugate a people because of their religion, race, or beliefs.
- Befriend: to make friends or become friendly with
- Harvest: the gathering of crops.
- Native: of indigenous origin.
- Pilgrim: the English settlers of New England, who celebrated the “First Thanksgiving” with the Natives.
- Cornucopia: a hollow, horn-shaped wicker basket filled with various kinds of festive fruit and vegetables.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |