For more in depth learning head to OpenLanguage.com/pricing to access hundreds of more English lessons. Quote the promo code – realdeal – to get a Standard Monthly Subscription for 99¢!
Our world is filled with amazing creations of art, engineering and architecture. The Greeks created the first account of what was considered the 7 wonders of the ancient world, and now we have a new list! Where and what are they? Listen to this podcast to find out!
- Taj Mahal: A mausoleum located in India made entirely of white marble.
- Great Wall: An extensive wall in China that kept invaders at bay.
- Architecture: the art and science of designing buildings.
- Petra: A historical city in Jordan which was carved out of the mountain.
- Machu Pichu: An Inca ancient city set high in the Andes mountains in Peru.
- Pyramid: a structure where the outer surfaces are triangular and converge at a point.
- Colosseum: An ancient amphitheater located in Rome.
- Wonders: A monumental human creation that is amazing.
- Gladiator: A person trained to entertain the public by engaging in mortal combat.
- Tomb: A grave or other place of burial.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |