For more in depth learning head to OpenLanguage.com/pricing to access hundreds of more English lessons. Quote the promo code – realdeal – to get a Standard Monthly Subscription for 99¢!
Is gambling wrong? What are the costs and benefits of legalized gambling? In this advanced lesson we will be exploring these moral questions and learning some useful phrases along the way that you can use the next time you are in a heated English debate.
- legalizing: to make (something) legal.
- vice: bad or immoral behavior or habits.
- exploitation: using someone for something unfairly.
- sole purpose: only reason.
- monetary: about money.
- gambling: the practice of risking money in a game or bet.
- casinos: a building or room that has games you can bet on.
- bookies: a person who organizes bets (informal).
- addicted: unable to stop doing something that is harmful.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |